This is a short introduction following some screenshots.
(1) Bell is inactive
Bell is inactive here - it can by activated by the switch:
- Activate bell to ring “regularly”. What actions (display, sound, vibration) are to be taken when reminding can be specified in the settings.
- Glocke aktivieren, damit sie regelmäßig “läutet”. Welche Aktionen beim “Läuten” ausgelöst werden (Anzeige, Klang, Vibration), wird in den Einstellungen angegeben.
If you tap the bell you should hear the sound of a singing bowl.
Adjust the volume of the mindfulness bell either via the volume controls of your phone or in section Reminder actions of the settings. Which one is to be used depends on where the sound goes to, this can be modified in section Sound output of the settings
(2) Bell is active
This is how it looks after activating the bell with the switch:
- Bell is active
- Deactivate bell
- Start meditation
- More menu entries
- Glocke ist aktiv
- Glocke deaktivieren
- Meditation starten
- Weitere Menüpunkte
Please take a look at the settings to tell MindBell when and how often to ring.
On older Android versions it might be that you cannot see the three dots button. Then you have to use the menu button to get to the menu.
(3) Edit quick settings
Swipe down from the top of the screen to get to the quick settings:
- Edit quick settings
- Schnelleinstellungen bearbeiten
Click on the pencil to edit the the quick settings.
(4) Add MindBell’s quick settings tile
Tap and hold MindBell’s quick settings tile and move it to the other active tiles:
- Tap and hold quick settings tile of MindBell and move it to the active tiles
- Schnelleinstellungskachel von MindBell drücken, halten und zu den aktiven Kacheln schieben
Leave the edit mode with the back arrow on top.
(5) Bell is muted
In the settings are several mute rules that define when to mute the bell. However, in the total-silence flavor of the do-not-disturb mode the bell is always muted. To show that the bell in the quick settings tile is turned over to upside down - with an indicator for the reason, this one shows the bell muted at night time:
- Bell is muted due to night time
- Glocke ist still wegen Nachtruhe
Pressing the start medition buttons opens up the meditation dialog:
- Start without ramp-up time and beginning bells
- Start meditation
- Explanation of period parameters
- Ohne Vorbereitungszeit und Eingangsglocken starten
- Meditation starten
- Erläuterung der Vorgaben für die Abschnitte
This lets you specify the time to prepare, the length of your meditation, the number (and length) of periods your meditation is cut into, whether you want to leave the screen on and whether MindBell should leave the meditation mode automatically after your meditation.
Choose only one period if you do not want to hear an intermediate bell sound during medition.
(7) Start meditation
Pressing the start button starts the countdown of your ramp-up time:
- Finish meditation
- Count down of ramp-up time seconds
- Meditation beenden
- Sekunden der Vorbereitungszeit werden runtergezählt
The remaining seconds are shown in yellow - according to a traffic light: prepare to stop.
When this preparation period is over you hear the beginning bells and your meditation starts.
You can modifiy the number of sounds of a singing bowl at the beginning, in the middle, at the end and its volume in section Meditation of the settings.
(8) Start meditation directly
Pressing the start-instantly button skips the ramp-up period shown in (7) and directly starts your meditation countdown:
- Count down of meditation duration minutes
- Minuten der Meditationsdauer werden runtergezählt
The remaining minutes are shown in red (or orange) - according to a traffic light: stop moving.
(9) Meditation is over
When the meditation is over the time beyond your meditation is counted up:
- Count of minutes after end of meditation (when chosen only till the ending bells stop)
- Minuten nach Ende der Meditation werden raufgezählt (ggf. nur bis zum Ende der Abschlussglocken)
If you chose to leave meditation mode automatically counting up stops after playing the sound of the ending bells.
Otherwise counting up stops without leaving meditation mode after a while (to be precise: counting up takes as long as your meditation).
The surplus minutes are shown in green - according to a traffic light: feel free to move.
You can reach the settings by clicking on the gear-wheel or via the menu (see here):
There are several sections containing different aspects to adjust MindBell to your needs.